Sunday, January 13, 2013

Gregg Wright Fret King Signature Guitar/HOB Show!


"KING OF THE ROCKIN' BLUES!"

 The new Fret King Corona "GWR" Gregg Wright Signature guitar
FRET KING PRESENTS THE NEW CORONA
"GWR" GREGG WRIGHT SIGNATURE GUITAR
AT THE 2013 NAMM SHOW!
Trev_1_.jpgThe UK's Fret King Guitars http://www.fret-king.com/ will unveil its new Corona "GWR" Gregg Wright Signature guitar at the 2013 NAMM show in Anaheim, CA., the weekend of January 25-27. Legendary guitar luthier Trev Wilkinson designed the guitar according to Gregg's specs. "The "GWR" is based on my "Kamikaze" guitar I had made for the Jackson's Victory Tour back in the 80's, but with  huge innovative improvements  only Trev Wilkinson could come up with.  When it comes to innovative guitar design, Trev Wilkinson is about the most brilliant guy I've ever met! It is a thrill and an honor to work with him on this project. I cannot wait to start making some noise with what I'm sure will be a sonic weapon!" says Gregg. "Trev, Dennis Drumm and I have talked at length about the specs for this guitar.  The original "Kamikaze" hangs on the wall at the Hard Rock Cafe in Cozumel Mexico. I got my little little name plaque and piece of Rock & Roll immortality I suppose, but quite frankly, a bit of regret has always lurked in the back of my mind about letting that guitar go. It's bugged the Hell out of me for twenty years and in hindsight, a guitar is a much better musical tool than wall decoration!" I've visited Trev Wilkinson's shop in Southport near Liverpool and I assure you, the "GWR" will surpass anything I've played before!" The Fret King Corona GWR Gregg Wright Signature model will be commercially available at Fret King dealers worldwide. To find a dealer near you, check Fret King's website:  http://www.fret-king.com/ 

Visit Fret King Guitars at NAMM Hall E  booth 1212
January 24th – 27th, 2013
Anaheim Convention Center
800 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802

(photos: l - the Fret King Corona "GWR" Gregg Wright Signature model
r -Trev Wilkinson and one of his Fret King guitars) 
SPECIAL POST NAMM SHOW PERFORMANCE @THE HOUSE OF BLUES ANAHEIM
SATURDAY, JANUARY 26th!
Join us for a special post NAMM "Rockin' the Blues" performance at the House of Blues Anaheim, Saturday, January 26th! I'll be taking the new Fret King  "GWR" Gregg Wright Signature guitar for a serious test drive! Featuring Ron Battle on bass, Craig Kimbrough on drums and some very special musical guests. This show is open to the public and everyone is welcome!


  
The House of Blues Anaheim
1530 S. Disneyland Dr.
Anaheim, CA 92802
Showtime: 10:00 PM
No cover charge

Click to play

  


No comments:

Post a Comment